A premier hotel management and investment company is seeking a driven, outgoing, and experienced sales leader to serve as the new Senior Sales Manager. This individual will be responsible for achieving or exceeding sales goals by providing complete account penetration for assigned territory by focusing on group business. Establishing new client relationships and maintaining existing relationships to maximize revenue. May be asked to mentor Trainees or less experienced Sales Managers.
- Actively solicit new business opportunities through prospecting new customers (including groups, travel managers, travel agents and consumers). Use network channels to open doors to new customers. Seek methods to penetrate key business activities within the marketplace and find profitable ways to bring this business to the hotel. Research information on market and trends and the clients supporting those markets locally.
- Actively participate in industry related organizations. Attending trade shows, community events and industry meetings to develop business. Participate in Sales blitzes. Makes onsite and field presentations to prospective clients. Participates in pre-convention meetings, training and other sales related meetings as required.
- Develop long-term relationships with clients or potential clients by maintaining consistent verbal and written communications and providing good customer service.
- Analyze requirements of business opportunities. Research and maintains knowledge of market trends, competition, and customers. Respond to RFP’s. Outline available hotel space and facilities. Quote price. Meet with clients and hotel department managers to plan function details, space requirements, food service and decor. Prepare correspondence to customers, internal booking reports and client data.
- Maintain detailed information about clients/prospective clients and enter data into property’s computer systems.
- Attend Business Review Meetings. Research new companies. Travel to meet clients out of state. Create and implement direct mailing campaigns. Attend training. Make presentations.
- Conduct familiarization trips. Participate in local community to develop business.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED), or equivalent combination of education and experience. Bachelor’s degree in Hospitality is desired.
- Five or more years of related hotel group sales experience. Experience selling to various assigned markets desired (i.e. Corporate, Education, Association, SMERF).
- Possess solid knowledge of hotel service standards, guest relations and etiquette. The ability and experience in successfully selling and working in a high volume, time sensitive environment.
- The ability to learn, follow and maintain effective sales processes designed to attain maximum revenue while ensuring adherence to established operating criteria.
- Completes all required training as scheduled.
- Strong knowledge of sales techniques with strong skills and ability to negotiate and close sales.
- Requires the ability to determine needs of customers and persuasively present sales options through verbal face-to-face and telephone interactions. Must be able to create and effectively provide sales presentations and materials to potential customers. Contacts sometimes contain confidential/sensitive information so requires the ability to use discretion. Must demonstrate positive attitude and professional demeanor. Requires strong communication and interpersonal skills and commitment to a high level of guest satisfaction.
Salary Range: $95,000-$100,000 +Bonus
Location: Remote, based in the Northeast
Contact: Kathryn Millard, Executive Recruiter, firstname.lastname@example.org